Jaipur, prominently known as the Pink City of India, is the biggest city in the state of Rajasthan. It is likewise the capital of Rajasthan. Known for Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Amer Fort, Jantar Mantar and a few different spots to visit, Jaipur has various stories to tell.
Each spot has a background marked by its own and the narratives, legends and myths make it much more special. We’ve recorded down a couple of lesser-known facts about Jaipur that make certain to interest you.
1. Under the standard of Sawai Ram Singh, Jaipur was painted pink, traditionally a shading related with hospitality, for the grand welcome of Edward, Prince of Wales. The pink tone is held even today, and occupants need to preserve it.
2. Jaipur is one of the first planned cities in Quite a while. It was arranged by Indian Vastu Shastra by a Bengali engineer named Vidyadhar Bhattacharya in 1727. The directions of every road and market are East to West and North to South.
3. The observatory, Jantar Mantar in Jaipur, is one of the World Heritage Sites. It is an assortment of structural galactic instruments, worked by Sawai Jai Singh who was a Rajput ruler, who was keen on finding out about the sky.
4. Hawa Mahal worked by Maharaja Sawai Singh effectively let the regal women notice regular daily existence in the road underneath without being seen.
5. The Sawai Mansingh Stadium, worked during the rule of Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II has a seating capacity around 30,000 individuals and has facilitated numerous national and international cricket matches.
Rashmika is most will known for her stories. She writes stories as well as news related to travel, entertainment, food, lifestyle. She was more experience in online news writing. She is works as a writer on dailyjaipur.com.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Daily Jaipur journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.